Techniques To Keep Your Boat
Running Well And Looking Good:
- Flush the engine each time it’s used in salt
water. Use “earmuffs” over the water intake and a
freshwater hose. Tilt engine and rinse underneath to
prevent salt buildup.
- Fill gas tank on the way back. A full tank
resists water build-up from condensation.
- Wash entire boat and trailer using soap and
and Wax soap contains wax and will not
strip the wax from your boat. Do not use bleach
except in emergencies. Re-wax the affected area
after using these harsh products.
- Scrub the deck with a non-skid cleaner (Frenzy!
Orange Concentrate works well.)
- Dry all the metal, glass and flat surfaces.
Standing water will leave mineral deposits and etch
surfaces. (You can use
Frenzy! Shark Tower to clean and protect your
metal surfaces. Shark Tower also removes rust and
- Cover boat to protect it from sun and rain.
- Wax the boat every few months to protect the
finish from stains and UV damage. A good coating of
wax makes regular clean-up much easier.
Waxing Frenzy! Boat wax with carnauba wax,
Maguire’s Flagship Wax, and Collinite Fleet Wax are
generally regarded as the best boat waxes. Use Woody
Wax on rails and (an extremely light coating) on
Waxing Frenzy! on glass.
Shield, or 303 Protectant on plastic hatches.
- Use Corrosion-X or Boeshield T-9 on all
switches, wiring terminals and the engine.
- Frenzy! Orange
Concentrate is an excellent general purpose
cleaner for seats, cockpit, cabin, etc.
- Treat your vinyl with
- Every 75 hours: replace spark plugs, clean fuel
filter, change lower unit oil, grease engine/drive
via the zerc fittings and inspect everything.
- Every 150 hours or once a year replace the
impeller and fuel-water separator.